If a problem occurs during the installation process and you need to get your Aptify system back up and running quickly, restore the database backup taken prior to the upgrade process.
If you run into issues with the Aptify 7.0 installation, refer to Troubleshooting Aptify 7.0 Installation Problems. This topic provides information on issues that you may encounter running the Aptify 7.0 or Aptify Web 7.0 setup.
To help identify where an error occurs during the installation process, the Service Pack Installer includes a logging feature to record the status messages of the setup process, and any errors encountered during the installation of Aptify 7.0. The log file that is generated is called InstallationStatusLog.txt and can be found in the top-level directory of the setup folder. If you need to contact Aptify Technical Support, please include any relevant exception errors found within this log file.
If a problem occurs during the installation, the installer will notify you that the installation failed using a dialog box. If there is a problem with the installation, follow these steps:
- Click OK to close the Installer.
- Access the computer's Event Viewer (typically accessible from Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer).
- Click the Application Event Log and review the errors generated by Aptify (double-click an error to open its Event Properties dialog).
- Copy the details of the errors to a file. You can either:
- Right-click the Application heading and select Save Log File As… to save the error information to a Text or CSV file.
- Copy the contents of a particular error and paste it into a text file or into an email message (the Event Properties dialog includes a Copy to Clipboard button). Repeat this procedure for each error generated by the Installer.
- Send the file containing the Error Log details to Aptify's Customer Support department with a description of the error you encountered.
If you require any support, contact Aptify Technical Support .