The purpose of this topic is to describe how to enable remote connectivity for SQL Server after it has been installed.
Depending on the version of SQL Server you installed, the TCP/IP protocol may be disabled for the SQL Server database engine. You need to enable this protocol in order to connect to the Aptify server from other computers over the network. Follow these steps:
- When the installation is complete, launch the SQL Server Configuration Manager (from Start > All Programs > SQL Server > Configuration Tools).
- Expand the SQL Server Network Configuration node in the pane on the left.
- Select the Protocols option for your SQL Server installation.
- Determine whether the TCP/IP protocol is enabled or disabled.
- If disabled, right-click the TCP/IP protocol and select Enable from the pop-up menu.
- Click the SQL Server Services heading in the pane on the left and restart the SQL Server service for the change to take effect.