While a user can manually change a quotation to a regular order, Aptify can also perform this task automatically when a payment is applied to the order. This is useful for situations where the Bill To party sends in payment for a quotation order and a member of the accounting department can update the order simply by entering the payment information in the system.
You can also change a quotation to a regular order manually. See Manually Changing a Quotation to a Regular Order for more details.
Follow these steps:
- Open a new Payments record.
- Click Order # or Invoice # and enter the ID of the quotation order for which the Bill To party has submitted payment.
- The system automatically populates the payment's Person and Company and adds a payment line for the amount of the order.
- See Processing Payments for more information on creating Payments record.
- Click the Details tab and enter the payment information.
- Save the payment.
- Aptify automatically updates the order's Order Type from Quotation to Regular.