In Aptify, a meeting's sessions are tracked as individual sub-meetings that are linked to the main meeting via the Parent Product field on the sub-meeting's Products record. This approach provides the flexibility to manage a meeting's sessions with the same features that are available for top-level meetings, including the ability to:
- Track revenue from sessions separately to different general ledger (GL) accounts.
- Price sessions using any of Aptify's standard pricing features.
- Track session attendance independently of the main meeting.
Follow these steps to create sessions for a meeting:
- Create a Products record for the main meeting.
- Open a new Products record and enter the session's name in the Name field.
- Select a product Category for the meeting session.
- Select Meeting as the Product Type, if not already selected.
- Enter the main meeting in the Parent Product field.
- Configure the meeting options for the session, establish inventory, and add prices, if applicable.
- See Creating a Products Record for a Meeting for instructions on configuring a Meetings record.
- Save and close the Products record.