With Aptify, a developer can create a customized property sheet for the input and output properties associated with a process component. When a customer property viewer is defined, if a user adds the process component to a Process Flows record and selects the Properties windows, the customer property viewer displays instead of the standard Aptify property interface. The figure below is an example of a custom property sheet for the Send Email component that is included with the standard installation of Aptify.
- If you want to customize the way a single property is viewed, you can define a customized property viewer at the input or output property level. See Using the Generate Data Mapper Process Component Wizard or Defining Process Component Output Properties for details.
Follow these steps to define a customized input and/or output property sheet for a Process Component:
- A developer writes a customized property sheet for the process component's input and/or output properties.
- Open the Process Components record in which you want to define a customized property sheet.
- Go to the Property Page tab.
- In the Prop Page Object field, click the Object Repository button (the button to the right of the field) to select the Object Repository location of the process component's property sheet object.
- Enter the object's Prop Page Assembly Name.
- Enter the class that contains the custom property sheet for the Input Properties associated with this component in the Input Prop Page Class field.
- Enter the class that contains the custom property sheet for the Output Properties associated with this component in the Output Prop Page Class field.
- Save and Close the Process Components record.