The Allow Client to Download Objects parameter determines whether the Application Server can automatically download Object Repository updates from the database server. This parameter should be disabled for all Application Servers since using automatic updates on an Application Server may cause potential conflicts with other Aptify processes that may be running simultaneously.
During installation, this option is disabled by default.
If you enabled this option during installation, you can disable it post-installation by modifying the Aptify.xml file. Follow these steps:
- Locate the Aptify.xml file on the Application Server.
- If you installed the client application in the default directory, this file is located in C:\Program Files\Aptify.
- Open the file with Notepad.
- Set the IsObjectDownloadActive option to False to disable automatic repository updates.
- Restart the Aptify Desktop client after making any changes to Aptify.xml.