Errors When Running the Aptify 6.1 Setup
If you experience a problem installing Aptify 6.1, see Troubleshooting Aptify 6.1 Installation Problems for more information.
The following instructions provide a step-by-step guide for the installation of Aptify 6.1 to a system that already has one of the following versions of Aptify installed:
- Aptify 6.0
- Aptify 5.5.6
- Aptify 5.5.5
- Aptify 5.5.4
- Aptify 5.5.3
- Aptify 5.5.2
Your server must be running Aptify 5.5.2 or above prior to installing the Aptify 6.1 update. There is currently NO direct path to update from Aptify 5.5.1 and below versions to Aptify 6.1. Any system running these earlier versions will first be required to update to Aptify 5.5.2 prior to applying Aptify 6.1 update.
Important Pre-Installation Considerations
- Review Troubleshooting Aptify 6.1 Installation Problems prior to installing Aptify 6.1. This guide provides information on issues that you may encounter running the Aptify 6.1 or Aptify Web 6.1 setup. If you know, for example, that you have a required field on the Persons entity that does not have a default value, this will need to be resolved prior to install to be successful for Aptify 6.1.
Installing Aptify 6.1 on the Aptify sample data set takes approximately three hours. Depending on the size of your database, the installation process may take up to six hours.
- This installation can only be applied to a server running Aptify 5.5.2. If your server is running an earlier version, you must upgrade to Aptify 5.5.2 first before applying this version.
- For best results, Aptify recommends that an organization install service packs, add-on applications, and new versions in the order in which they are released.
Important Post-Installation Considerations
- If you are running one or more instances of an Aptify application server, you will need to run the Object Repository Synchronizer utility to update the application server's Program Files folder, so it has the latest Aptify objects. The Object Repository Synchronizer is included in the service pack's Utilities folder. See Configuring Multiple Instances of the Aptify Asynchronous Processor for more information about running more than one instance of the Application Server.
- If you are running eBusiness Classic with Aptify 6.1, download the EBusinessShoppingCart assembly of version 188.8.131.52 from Object Repository and paste it in eBusiness Classic bin. See Downloading an Object or Object Package Using the Dashboard for more information.
- Aptify Web now calls the Views service on every page change in the entity list view. Customers with view that load slowly will now see this slowness on every page change. It is recommended that these views be optimized using SSMS (or another query optimizer tool) when upgrading to improve the performance of the view SQL.
- Run the U.S. zip code update utility on your Aptify server. See Running the Update Utility for U.S. ZIP Codes.
- Check in the API bin folder for the ConfigManifestForm.dll file. If the file is available, delete it. This file may exist on systems that have gone through a major version upgrade. This file is not required by Aptify SOA or Aptify Web – it should be removed from the AptifyServicesAPI bin folder if it exists since it will force your app pool to run in 32-bit mode (without this file, your AptifyServicesAPI app pool can run in 64-bit mode).
After Aptify 6.1 setup is installed, SSRS reports will be activated by default and crystal reports will be inactivated.
In case, we want to activate Crystal Reports:
For particular entity:
Go to Framework->Open the respective Entity-> Select Report tab and set Status to “Active’’
For all crystal reports, run the below script on your database:
SET STATUS = 'Active'
WHERE ReportFormat = 'Crystal Report'
- If using SSRS Reports, verify that the SSRS setup is installed and configured. See Installing Aptify SSRS Reports Setup for more information.
- Aptify recommends that you consider enabling SQL Server snapshot isolation. Review the information in Enabling SQL Server Snapshot Isolation to determine whether enabling this function would improve your Aptify environment, and if needed, perform the steps to enable the function.
- If you have an Aptify Mobile Point of Sales installation, you will need to run the Object Repository Synchronizer utility to update the Aptify SOA bin folder, so it has the latest Aptify objects. The Object Repository Synchronizer is included in the service pack's Utilities folder. Follow the object synchronization instructions in Step Four: Configuring Mobile Point of Sale Post-Installation to update the bin.
- If you are planning on installing the Aptify 6.1 Web interface, you must first install Aptify 6.1 database updates. See Implementing the Aptify Web Interface for more details on installing the web interface.
Under AptifyServicesAPI > In web.config. There is a setting: <add key="Aptify.Services.Csrf.DisableWarning" value="false"/>
With this default setting to false, user will be intimated by warning message in Event viewer about CSRF protection being disabled. This warning will appear for every Web service call. In case, if user wants to disable this warning message, please go ahead and change the setting value to "true" to disable the warnings in Event Viewer.
You also need to restart the IIS for changes to reflect.
New attribute support in Aptify 'Shell.exe.config' and 'web.config' was added to restict FlowdownCompanyOrderDefaultPerson to Orders object by default for e-Business 6.0.
When attribute is been set to "false", Order placed through will not set to ‘BillToID’ or ‘ShipToID’ based on the company default order person.
Attribute Aptify.Applications.OrdersEntity.FlowdownCompanyOrderDefaultPerson should be set to "true" for products other than e-Business 6.0, so for Company only order specified person to flow down.
If you are upgrading from Aptify 6.0 with e-Business 6.0 to Aptify 6.1 and using merchant account as Bluepay,
Copy the ElectronicPayment.BluePay.dll assembly from the specified path (https://communitybrands.sharepoint.com/:f:/s/Aptifysupport/Esq9QEvkHfxJjEEe7sYwFecBOKh_F4xVa5SGL1tyK_Yk1w?e=ncupgi).
Paste the downloaded assembly in Client Installation Folder/Path and in e-Business 6.0 SOA bin.
Do not run Object Synchronizer on e-Business SOA bin.
Perform the following procedures to install Aptify 6.1: