If a problem occurs during the installation, the Aptify Installer will notify you that an error occurred. To help identify where an error occurs during the installation process, the Service Pack Installer includes a logging feature to record the status messages of the setup process, and any errors encountered during the installation. The log file that is generated is called InstallationLog.txt and can be found in the top-level directory of the setup folder. If you need to contact the Aptify Technical Support department, please include any relevant exception errors found within this log file.
Important Note Regarding Troubleshooting Aptify 6.3 Installation Errors
If you run into issues with the Aptify 6.3 installation, review Troubleshooting Aptify 6.3 Installation Problems. This topic provides information on issues that you may encounter running the Aptify 6.3 or Aptify Web 6.3 setup.
In addition to the log file above, if there is a problem with the installation, follow these steps to save the relevant errors generated from by Aptify in the Event Viewer:
- Click OK to close the Aptify Setup program.
- Access the web server's Event Viewer (typically accessible from Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer).
- Click the Application Event Log and review the errors generated by Aptify (double-click an error to open its Event Properties dialog).
- Copy the details of the errors to a file. You can either:
- Right-click the Application heading and select Save Log File As… to save the error information to a Text or CSV file.
- Copy the contents of a particular error and paste it to a text file or into an email message (the Event Properties dialog includes a Copy to Clipboard button). Repeat this procedure for each error generated by Aptify.
- Send the file containing the Error Log details as well as the installation log file (InstallationStatusLog.txt) to the Aptify Technical Support department with a description of the error you encountered.