To establish a multi-entity accounting system in Aptify, the Organizations, general ledger (GL) accounts, Payment Types, and Products services need to be set up with additional data to reflect the multi-entity structure.
To help explain how the multi-entity accounting system is handled with Aptify, this chapter presents an example using two related organizations and walks the user through the configurations necessary in order to establish such a system. Setting up a multi-entity system requires:
- Multi-entity organizations (see Setting Up Multi-Entity Organizations).
- Organization-specific GL accounts such as Cash, Accounts Receivable and Sales (see Setting Up Multi-Entity Accounts).
- Due To and Due From GL accounts (see Creating Due To and Due From GL Accounts).
- Inter-Company GL accounts on the multi-entity organizations (see Adding Inter-Company GL Accounts).
- Products associated with organization-specific GL accounts (see Setting Up a Multi-Entity Product).
- Payment types associated with the parent organization's GL accounts (see Setting Up Multi-Entity Payment Types).