The exact format of a lock box file may vary from organization to organization and from bank to bank. Therefore, while Aptify provides a sample lock box import format for testing and demonstration purposes, each organization that wants to use this wizard needs to create an organization-specific Lock Box Import object and add it to Aptify.
Contact your Aptify consultant for details. Also, developers can refer to the Aptify Software Development Kit (SDK) for more information on the DemoLockBoxImport class and writing an object that implements the ILockBoxImport interface.
Once a developer has written an organization-specific Lock Box Import object, the developer or an administrator adds it to the Aptify Object Repository and updates the LockBoxImport entity attributes found on the Configuration > Attributes tab of the Cash Control Batches Entities record.
Note that in addition to developing an organization-specific Lock Box Import object, an organization can alter any of the default logic related to the Lock Box functionality by creating a new object and specifying that object's information in the appropriate entity attributes (shown in the figure above).
This includes the following functionality:
- Lock Box Match: Determines how the system matches lock box cash receipts against existing Apify orders and payments. See the LockBoxMatch class in the Aptify SDK for more information.
- Lock Box Allocate Products: Determines the set of products against which overpayments can be allocated when resolving lock box exceptions. See the LockBoxAllocProducts class in the Aptify SDK for more information.
- Lock Box Post: Determines how the system posts cash receipts and generates corresponding payments, if necessary. See the LockBoxPost class in the Aptify Software Development Kit (SDK) for more information.
- Lock Box Post (Single Record): Corresponds to the LockBoxPostMatch entity attributes and determines how the system posts a single matched receipt in the cash control batch. See the LockBoxPostRecord class in the Aptify SDK for more information.
- Lock Box Post Exception: Determines how the system processes an exception to the posting process when posting a single-matched receipt in the cash control batch. See the LockBoxPostRecord class and the ILockBoxPostException interface in the Aptify SDK for more information.