7.0 installer is for running Aptify 7.0 installation on an instance with pre-requisite Aptify version 6.4. Any application with previous versions of Aptify (lower than 6.4) would need to upgrade to Aptify 6.4 first by referring the previous installation guide and then plan to upgrade to 7.0. To conclude, application with any version of Aptify can be upgraded to 7.0 version using the installation instruction of previous upgrades and the installation instructions provided below to upgrade to the latest.
The following instructions provide a step-by-step guide for the installation of Aptify 7.0 to a system that already has the following versions of Aptify installed:
- Aptify 6.4
Errors When Running the Aptify 7.0 Setup
If you experience a problem installing Aptify 7.0, see Troubleshooting Aptify 7.0 Installation Problems for more information.
Important Pre-Installation Considerations
Review Troubleshooting Aptify 7.0 Installation Problems prior to installing Aptify 7.0. before proceeding with the installation. This guide provides information on issues that you may encounter running the Aptify 7.0 or Aptify Web 7.0 setup. If you know, for example, that you have a required field on the Person entity that does not have a default value, this will need to be resolved prior to installation to be successful for Aptify 7.0.
Installing Aptify 7.0 on the Aptify sample data set takes approximately two hours. Depending on the size of your database, the installation process may take up to six hours.
- This installation can only be applied to a server running Aptify 6.4. If your server is running an earlier version, you must upgrade to Aptify 6.4. first before applying this version.
- For best results, Aptify recommends that an organization install service packs, add-on applications, and new versions in the order in which they are released.
- Aptify release 7.0 consists of Generic Entity (GE) Metadata Refactoring changes to Metadata.dll. To verify if any of these changes are causing potential problems at your end, run the Metadata Verifier Console application before running the Aptify 7.0 setup. Refer to Generic Entity Metadata Refactoring document for the details.
- While upgrading to Aptify Web 7.0, if you have customized any of the Store Procedures that are mentioned in List of Stored Procedures and Entities modified for Active Directory Authentication document, please make sure to take a backup of the same.
Important Post-Installation Considerations
- If you are running one or more instances of an Aptify application server, you will need to run the Object Repository Synchronizer utility to update the application server's Program Files folder, so it has the latest Aptify objects. The Object Repository Synchronizer is included in the service pack's Utilities folder. See Configuring Multiple Instances of the Aptify Asynchronous Processor for more information about running more than one instance of the Application Server.
- Please refer the post Installation Upgrade Instructions for setting the App setting entries, troubleshooting post installation errors, etc. See Troubleshooting Aptify 7.0 post installation errors.
- If you are running eBusiness Classic with Aptify 7.0, download the EBusinessShoppingCart assembly of version 126.96.36.199 from Object Repository and paste it in e-Business Classic bin. See Downloading an Object or Object Package Using the Dashboard for more information.
Aptify Web now calls the Views service on every page change in the entity list view. Customers with view that load slowly will now see this slowness on every page change. It is recommended that these views be optimized using SSMS (or another query optimizer tool) when upgrading to improve the performance of the view SQL.
Run the U.S. zip code update utility on your Aptify server. See Running the Update Utility for U.S. ZIP Codes.
Check in the API bin folder for the ConfigManifestForm.dll file. If the file is available, delete it. This file may exist on systems that have gone through a major version upgrade. This file is not required by Aptify SOA or Aptify Web – it should be removed from the AptifyServicesAPI bin folder if it exists since it will force your app pool to run in 32-bit mode (without this file, your AptifyServicesAPI app pool can run in 64-bit mode).
If using Crystal Reports, verify that the correct version (188.8.131.5286) of Crystal Reports is installed. If the latest version is not present, please upgrade using the instructions as given in Upgrading Crystal Report Version.
If using SSRS Reports, verify that the SSRS setup is installed and configured. See Installing Aptify SSRS Reports Setup for more information. SSRS setup is by default installed with 6.1 upgrade installation. If a Client on 6.4 wants to upgrade to 7.0 and configure SSRS , then reset the attribute "InstallSSRS" to True in Setup.Exe.Config file, before starting the 7.0 installation. By default, this attribute is set to False and will not reinstall SSRS since it is already installed and configured with 6.1 installation.
Set the attribute as following in Setup.Exe.Config if SSRS need to be installed new during 7.0 installations.
<add key="InstallSSRS" value="True" />
With Aptify 7.0 release, the setup has released latest version of Desktop application, Aptify Web 7.0 application and e-Business 7.0
- If you are planning on installing the Aptify 7.0 Web interface, you must first install Aptify 7.0 database updates. See Implementing the Aptify Web Interface for more details on installing the web interface.
- Aptify recommends that you consider enabling SQL Server snapshot isolation. Review the information in Enabling SQL Server Snapshot Isolation to determine whether enabling this function would improve your Aptify environment, and if needed, perform the steps to enable the function.
- If you have an Aptify Mobile Point of Sales installation, you will need to run the Object Repository Synchronizer utility to update the Aptify SOA bin folder, so it has the latest Aptify objects. The Object Repository Synchronizer is included in the service pack's Utilities folder. Follow the object synchronization instructions in Step Four: Configuring Mobile Point of Sale Post-Installation to update the bin.
- Under AptifyServicesAPI > In web.config. There is a setting: <add key="Aptify.Services.Csrf.DisableWarning" value="false"/>
With this default setting to false, the user will be intimated by a warning message in the Event viewer about CSRF protection is disabled. This warning will appear for every Web service call. In case, if the user wants to disable this warning message, please go ahead and change the setting value to "true" to disable the warnings in Event Viewer.
You also need to restart the IIS for changes to reflect.
New attribute support in Aptify 'Shell.exe.config' and 'web.config' was added to restrict FlowdownCompanyOrderDefaultPerson to Orders object by default for e-Business 6.0.
When the attribute is been set to "false", Order placed through will not set to ‘BillToID’ or ‘ShipToID’ based on the company default order person.
Attribute Aptify.Applications.OrdersEntity.FlowdownCompanyOrderDefaultPerson should be set to "true" for products other than e-Business 6.0, so for Company only order a specified person to flow down.
With Aptify 6.2 release, there are major version upgrades done for jQuery, Kendo UI and .Net Framework (from 4.5 to 4.8). Please refer the link to get more information on the updated Aptify utilities, Application Server, GDPR, Integration setups and support software.
With Aptify 6.3 release, the new application server is introduced. Aptify recommends replacing the old application server with the new application server for better experience.
- Changes to be done in Classic e-Business 5.5.3 connected to Aptify 7.0: Before running the Object repository synchronizer for the Classic bin, below ‘Downloadable’ files need to be unselected from e-Business sync repository object, as these are not required.
- Add below in e-Business Classic web.config in xml <runtime> tag
<assemblyIdentity name="Metadata" publicKeyToken="f3fa0ecabf9514d9" culture="neutral" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-184.108.40.206" newVersion="220.127.116.11" />
- Below files needs to be downloaded in the e-Business Classic bin from Object Repository
Do not run Object Synchronizer on e-Business SOA bin.
Perform the following procedures to install Aptify 7.0:
- System Requirements for Aptify 7.0
- Installing Aptify 7.0 Server Software
- What to Do If the Update Does Not Install Aptify 7.0 Correctly
- Troubleshooting Aptify 7.0 Installation Problems
- Upgrading Crystal Report Version
- List of Stored Procedures and Entities modified for Active Directory Authentication