Starting in Aptify 5.5.4 and higher, Aptify supports the use of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) to create client-specific reports.
Aptify distributes the run time libraries from Microsoft so that end users can run reports directly from the Aptify client application. However, report writers need a license for a full version of Microsoft Report Builder to create and edit reports. Organizations can obtain licensed copies of Report Builder directly from Microsoft or one of its resellers.
Keep in mind the following compatibility information when purchasing Report Builder licenses for your report writers and/or developers:
- Aptify 5.5.4 uses Report Viewer 2012.
- Alternatively, you can use the version of Report Viewer included with Visual Studio. The images in this section are from the Report Viewer version included with Visual Studio.
This topic provides information on how to integrate SSRS reports into Aptify. It includes the following sections:
- Creating a Basic SSRS Report
- Updating SSRS Reports Already Present in Aptify
- Note Concerning HTML and XML Fields in SSRS Reports
- Understanding the Report Wizard Process for SSRS Reports
- Working with SSRS Reports using Visual Studio
The Motor Loaner System also contains a sample SSRS report, called the Vehicle Rental History report, which is used in the illustrations throughout this section. This report displays a list of vehicles, including their current status (Available, Rented, Servicing) and current mileage, along with information from their associated Rental Agreements records to display a complete rental history for each vehicle.