Indicating a supervisor and subordinate employees involves creating relationships between Employees records.
To Designate a Supervisor for an Employee
- Open the Employees record for the subordinate employee.
- Enter the supervisor’s name in the Supervisor field.
- Save the Employees record.
To List New Subordinate Employees on a Supervisor’s Record
- Open the Employees record for the supervisor.
- Click the Direct Reports tab and use it to open a new Employees record. The Supervisor field is automatically populated with the name of the supervisor.
- Enter information about the subordinate employee. Save and close the record.
- Return to the supervisor’s record. The subordinate employee is now listed on the Direct Reports tab.
To List Existing Subordinate Employees on a Supervisor’s Record
Edit the Supervisor field in the Employees record of each subordinate employee. Based on the Supervisor field, subordinate employees appear automatically on the Direct Reports tab of the supervisor’s Employees record.