Users can generate booths automatically for floorplans that do not have associated booths. Booth generation is designed to quickly lay out the main portion of the floorplan, not to handle all the details of floorplan design in the first pass. Generated booths can always be edited later to configure any specific unique details. Generated booths can also be combined.
Do not generate booths for floorplans that link to a third-party system. Instead, synchronize the Floorplans record with a floorplan in the third-party system. This will add the applicable booths to Aptify automatically. See Linking a Floorplan to EXPOCAD Desktop for details.
Follow these steps to add booths to a floorplan using the Booth Generator:
- On the Booths tab of the Floorplans record, click Booth Generator. This button is only available when no booths currently exist for this floorplan.
- The Booth Generator dialog box opens.
- In the Starting Location area, four radio buttons surround the word Floorplan. Select one of the radio buttons to indicate the corner of the floorplan from which the Booth Generator should start labeling booths.
- In the Booth Names area, indicate any prefix and suffix for the booth names, if applicable.
- In the Initial Number field, specify the number to use for the first generated booth.
- Use the Incrementation Rules area to determine whether booths are arranged vertically or horizontally, as well as whether numbers should be skipped at the aisles. See Incrementing Generated Booths for more information on how to configure this section of the floorplan.
- Enter a number in the Number of adjacent [Horizontal/Vertical] booths prior to aisle separation field. This number determines the number of booths located directly next to each other between aisles (either vertically or horizontally, depending on the type of Incrementation Rule selected).
- Click Generate Grid to generate an initial batch of booths. A grid of booths is generated based on the Booth Generator specifications and on settings specified on the General tab of the Floorplans record.
- To add, delete, or move columns or rows, right-click on the column or row header. A menu displays providing the various commands to manipulate the rows and columns of the grid.
- If necessary, use the Booth, Aisle, and Space buttons to change cells in the grid from one kind of space to another. Highlight the cell to be changed and then select what type of cell it should be.
- For example, to convert an empty cell to a Booth, highlight the cell in the grid and click Booth.
- After using these features, click Booth Names to reapply the incrementation rules to the current booth configuration.
- Once the booths grid has been configured as required, click OK. A Booths record is automatically created for each of the generated booths, and all Booths records are listed on the Booths tab of the Floorplan record.
- Open and edit the Booths records as necessary to specify any applicable surcharges (either flat rate or percentage) and the number of meeting registrants associated with the booth.
Incrementing Generated Booths
The Incrementation Rules area on the Booth Generator dialog box controls how booths are numbered automatically by the booth generator. When generating booths, a number of characteristics can be set up, including separation for aisles, both horizontal and vertical, and how the booths are numbered across aisles and down rows.
To help demonstrate how the Booth Generation functionality works, especially when configuring incrementation rules, the following example is provided.
Incrementation Rules Example
An organization is setting up an expo and needs to configure the booths in Aptify. Booth numbering will begin with booth 100 and continues from there. The configuration of the floorplan requires that the booths should begin numbering from the upper left corner of the floorplan.
- In the Starting Location area of the Booth Generator dialog box, select the radio button in the top left corner. This indicates that booth numbering starts in the upper left corner of the floorplan.
- Enter 100 in the Initial Number field. This indicates that booth numbering begins with booth 100.
- Select the Horizontal option and click Apply Rules in the Horizontal area. The Incrementation Rules section populates automatically with the following numbers:
- Horizontal Adjacent = 2. This indicates that the booths are incremented by 2, horizontally. For example, booth 100 is directly next to booth 102, which is next to booth 104, and so on.
- Horizontal Aisle Separation = 2. This indicates that the booth numbering continues by twos across a vertical aisle.
- Vertical Adjacent = 99. This indicates that row numbers are incremented by 99. For example, one row begins with booth 100, while the booth across the aisle begins with 101. The next row begins with 200 and the booth across the aisle begins with 201. Booth 101 is, numerically, 99 away from booth 200.
- Vertical Aisle Separation = 1. This indicates that booths located across the aisle from one another are numerically only 1 apart. For example, booth 100 is on the left of the aisle, while booth 101 is directly across the aisle, and so on.
- Enter 5 in the Number of Adjacent Booths Prior to Aisle Separation field. This setting indicates the number of adjacent booths in each row, before a vertical aisle separates the rows.
- Click Generate Grid. This automatically generates the grid of booths, which displays in the lower half of the Booth Generator dialog box.
The grid is created in horizontal rows. The top row of booths is numbered 100, 102, 104, etc. These are horizontal adjacent booths that increment by 2. As the row crosses a vertical aisle it continues to increment by 2 because horizontal aisle separation is 2.
The second row is an aisle and is blank.
The third row is of booths is numbered 101, 103, 105, and so on. They increment by 2 -horizontally as described for the first row. Vertically, they are across an aisle from the first row. They increment by 1 from the first row because the vertical aisle separation is 1.
The fourth row is a row of booths that backs to the third row. They are numbered 200, 202, 204 and so on. They increment by 99 from the third row because vertical adjacent is set to 99.